Friday, July 30, 2010

"The Fair Trade" Movie

We had a Raven + Lily screening of "The Fair Trade: What is your life worth?" at my house. I thought it was a very inspiring movie, full of hope and no easy answers. I highly recommend it. Through the film I found out about a fair trade company called "Anti-Body: anti-poverty. beautiful body". I will do another post on them.


When an accident kills her fiancé, 25 year old Tamara Johnston quits a dream job to try to make sense of her new unwanted life. Grief intensifies both a desire to die and her deepening faith, resulting in a fierce deadline: show me something better than death, or I am out of here. Johnston launches a business, becomes an activist, develops her artistic passion, and risks love again but none of it is enough. As time passes in her bargain with God, an opportune trip to Africa gives her a glimpse of what is required of her in exchange for a sustainable life. Written by Lauralee Farrer

1 comments:

KillerB said...

This film is SO powerful.