Friday, July 30, 2010

Raven + Lily Outreach Trip 2010

Due to my current flexible schedule Raven + Lily has asked me to visit all of our women's co-ops in India and Africa during the months of October and November! My schedule is roughly:


October 1-11: London England (Ethical Fashion Forum Expo where manufacturers and representatives showcase all fair trade items. On this trip I will be researching what it will take for us to get the official "Fair Trade" seal put on our items. This will be an opportunity to network with others who are passionate about the same issues as we are. I will also be researching partnerships with local businesses around town as we seek to take R+L international!)
Oct 11-30: India (I will be meeting up with Kirsten- pictured above- as we bring the women new designs and survey what we can do better to help the women.)

Nov 1-22: Ethiopia, Kenya, Burundi (Here I will reconnect with our women's groups and survey what is working and what isn't. I will bring them new designs and teach them some new design skills!)

This will be a long trip but being able to combine India and Africa will save us tremendously on travel expenses in the long run. Please say a prayer for our work here and if you are interested in making a tax deductible donation go to www.ravenandlily.com , and include the dollar amount along with my name, "LORI FOX DESIGN OUTREACH 2010". Thank you for your support!

0 comments: