Thursday, January 07, 2010

Food Inc



I watched this movie three times over the holidays. Most people, when I ask if they have seen it, say "I don't want to watch that because I'll have to stop eating meat." NOT TRUE. This movie was really powerful in the way that it shows what is currently going on with our food industry and why there is so much sickness involved. It didn't feel like one of those one sided Michael Moore films that leave you feeling depressed and hopeless. Food Inc ends on a hopeful
note that we as consumers can make a difference and a change in this broken system. After all, isn't that what America is about? I'm excited to start off my year with some perspective on what I am eating. The plans of action at the end included buying foods that are in season (I will post a chart for this), buying from local farmer markets, buy organic, buy grain fed, free range meat.
I could go on and on about this film but I won't. PLEASE GO SEE IT!

3 comments:

KillerB said...

Greg saw this film too and said pretty much the exact same thing. He really enjoyed it as well.

Karisse said...

Hey Lori. I agree. I saw this film in theaters and it has been a big key in radically changing the way I eat. I need to watch it again, and I wish that everyone would! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.