Monday, July 13, 2009

ONE WEEK...

...before I leave for Africa. The reality is setting in. I'm packing and preparing and sewing and making patterns and I'm thinking about it now. I'm nervous. Will I be able to help these women in the way they need? What if... What if.. What if. I don't know what to expect. What I do know is I'm about to help change these women's lives, and they are about to help change mine. My heart is heavy with sorrow for their situation, but I know there is hope. 


Please keep us in your prayers if your the praying type, or thoughts if your the thinking type. 
~health
~smooth travel
~favor with the groups we are meeting
~creative ideas that are realistic to the women's needs and skills
~that we are able to find the best sources for materials

Here is a rough itinerary. I'm not sure that I will have reliable internet access while there. We will be on twitter from what I hear if your into that sort of thing. Under the name Raven and Lily. 

MON 20 JULY   Los Angeles >>Zurich
TUE 21 JULY      Zurich >>Nairobi, Kenya
FRI 24 JULY       Nairobi, Kenya >> Bujumbura, Burundi
MON 27 JULY    Bujumbura, Burundi >>Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
FRI 31 JULY        Addis Ababa, Ethiopia >>Nairobi, Kenya
WED 12 AUG      Nairobi, Kenya >>Zurich
THUR 13 AUG   Zurich >> DC
TUE 18 AUG        DC>> Los Angeles 

I have a feeling my life is never going to be the same.

0 comments: